- For the first four weeks the TYs took part in a self-defence course with Mr. McClean doing Ikaido, this improved their self-esteem and built teamwork among the group.
- On the 18th they began their year with a trip to the ploughing Championships in Laois.
- They did a project on Tallaght village, the history of the church, graveyard and surrounding area.
- On 5th of October they did a teambuilding afternoon with first years to welcome them into our school and so first years could get to know each other better.
- The girls took part in a skin care and makeup course with a Beauty Therapist Laura Ann Kelly on the 17th.
- The TYs received training on paired reading and have been working with St. Thomas’ National school doing paired reading on a Tuesday morning with the 3rd year class.
- On 24th a speaker from AA came into the school to talk to the senior students about the effect of drinking and the consequences on family and friends.
- On 25th TY and 5LCA went to Baltinglass Adventure Centre, where they partook in canoeing, rock climbing, orienteering, zip lining and Archery.
23rd November we had a very successful ‘Careers Speed Dating Event’, where 17 guests of different career backgrounds were welcomed into our college community to talk to our students about the pathway they took from school.
Our TYs and our guests for the ‘Careers Speed Dating Event’.
Mr Fennessy being awarded a picture of Doc Mac Stuffins signed by all the directors of the company from Darren Murray a past pupil who works for Brown Bag films.
Our guest for the Career Speed Dating on November the 23rd.
November 30th the TYs were invited to St. Thomas’ National School to their annual Craft fair where they sold: sweet tress, Christmas logs, candles, fudge, Xmas puddings all of which were made in class time.
December: On the 12th a successful Christmas concert was organised by 5LCVP.