Senior Cycle - LCA
During 5th and 6th year our students study either LCA or LC or LCVP :-
Leaving Certificate Applied LCA - What is the Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA)
It is a distinct, self-contained two-year Leaving Certificate programme. This programme is aimed at preparing students for adult and working life.
The programme emphasises forms of achievement and excellence which the established Leaving Certificate has not recognised in the past.
The LCA Programme
- Prepares students for adult and working life
- Recognises talents of all pupils
- Promotes communication and decision making skills
- Applies knowledge and skills to the solution of real problems
Leaving Certificate Applied is another senior cycle course on offer at Mount Seskin Community College, and is based on continual assessment over two years, with students taking part in work experience as well as taking a broad range of subjects which include:
- Social Education, Vocational Preparation & Guidance, Information & Technology
- English & Communications, Mathematical Applications & a Modern Language.
Students also choose specialist subjects such as Engineering, Graphics and Construction, ICT Specialism, Hotel Catering & Tourism and Craft & Design.
Students are assessed on their work in January and May of each year when a session ends.
A number of subjects complete tasks each year and some subjects have state exams in 6th year.
For further information see the following websites:
Course description- SLSS
Exam past papers – State Exams Commission
Programme statement and outline of student tasks – NCCA